HUGECITY was a service that visually aggregated Facebook, Craigslist and other large databases of event-data and plotted out what was happening in your city, on your block or even on your street - any time of the day, week, month or year.
Working remotely (Chicago - to - Atlanta) the objectives were pretty simple: deliver a first-class experience to the users that was inviting, efficient and accurate. Brand and product were developed in tandem - one informing the other - and within just a few months we had a small hit on our hands. A couple bullet points:
• 80,000 registered users in 3 months
• Growth from less than 50 to 1,000,000+ unique, monthly visitors within 6 months
• #1 user/dollar conversion rate in the event-discovery demo
• Invited to interview with Y-Combinator
• Sold in April 2014 to TimeOut Global